Thursday, May 1, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge # 3

Hello! Welcome to our May Challenge! This month we are celebrating Mother's Day. What can be more homey than making some hand-made cards? When it comes to anything handmade, what can be more perfect than adding stitching for that special homespun feel?

Let me be honest, I am not a sewer and likely will never become one. In fact, I don't even own a sewing machine! But that doesn't deter me from adding stitching to my cards. In fact, I would go through great length to sew a line or two for my cards rather than sewing up the long lost button for my family members... I am sure you can relate to that somehow.
So if Virginia can do it, so. can. YOU! 
We are looking for anything stitched on your projects. Your submitted project (s) should have some sort of stitching. They can be machine-stitched, hand-stitched or/and faux-stitched. ALL are welcome!
To get you started....
Here is a faux stitching tutorial! Check out the video here.
Lucy's video about machine stitch is not to be missed
Scrapbooking extraordinaire Paige Evans is well known for her stitching (see here)
You can use embroidery (see video here
You can add white gel lines (faux stitching) like Kristina Werner does here (at 6:54)

 Here is a card that I crated for this challenge
hello there
It has hand-stitching ( the red), faux stitching (whiskers, face) and embroidery stitching (details on the tail)

my previous cards with stitching

These are my humble goals that I am aiming to achieve:
1. to foster the love of stamping/card making among the online community
2. to grow as a stamper/card-maker regardless of level and experience
3. to make new friends and encourage the camaraderie amongst the participants/blog followers. 


The challenge will run till the 18th (12:55pm Eastern Time) and there will be a SPOTLIGHT feature on the 25th. In this feature, I will be highlighting a few of the participants' work. We can all be oohing and aahing about a WOW design that deserves to be admired and appreciated. You are encouraged to link up as many as projects as you like. Cards, scrapbook layouts, altered projects... anything with paper, stamps and inks involved are welcome! If the linked project is not related to the challenge, it will be deleted.  Don't have a blog? No problem! Any link (Flickr, FB page, Splitcoaststampers, Pinterest, Two Peas in a Bucket...) is welcome! You can use the challenge photo as your inspiration (optional).


In order to qualify for the top prize ( $25 from Simon Says Stamp)
~your project has to be NEW (not linked back to a previously made project)
~you have to be a follower (you can use Bloglovin') of this blog
~you are welcome to combine other challenges, please limit your total number of challenges to no more than 4.
Our Sponsor: Simon Says Stamp
Our Top Winner (randomly selected from Top 10 Favorites) will receive a $25 voucher!
  AWESOME, eh?! 
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront
 We will have guest designers to inspire you in our next few posts.

Lastly, don't forget to enter the SRM Stickers giveaway (details here). You will find the SRM stitching stickers come in handy for this challenge! Yes, you can totally use stickers as long as it has stitching!
Thanks so much for stopping by!


22 comments:

Barb said...

Another fun challenge, V! It's gonna have to be faux-stitching for me! Love your adorable fox card! ♥

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful inspiration grid to launch your challenge, Virginia! Just love the theme and I'm looking forward to seeing all the cards using sewing in one form or another! Your card is just brilliant to start us off!

Sheila H said...

You got me, Virginia!

Cris G said...

Really fun and beautiful cards as inspiration to get us started. The stitched fox is adorable. I hope to be able to make, at least, something acceptable, because stitching is "my beach", a passion that started many many years ago... Thanks for another great theme, and challenge.

Michelle Liimatainen said...

LOVE this Virginia. I can't wait to get started. I just pulled my sewing machine out of the basement after the move. :)

Cindy C. said...

What fun challenge Virginia!! Love your Fox card done with different stitching technique!!! It's super sweet!!

Dotty Jo x said...

Great inspiration cards Virginia! I MUST try and join in this time, Jo x

paperpicnic said...

Your hand stitched fox is too cute for words! I absolutely love this challenge! Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful cards with stitching, they are wonderful inspiration! Looking forward to giving this a go! (Fyi, in case you haven't noticed, the welcome on the top, right side of your blog indicates that this challenge runs until April 18th.) :)

Sarah Gray said...

Oh, stitching on cards is a challenge for me so I will have to give it a go! Your cards are great - the fox is amazing :)

Sherry Eckblad said...

Sounds like another fun challenge and your cards are so great for inspiring.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love all of your samples, but that fox is just so gorgeous! I will definitely be playing along!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, Virginia...you have inspired me once again!!! I have a box full of needles and embroidery thread, so there's no excuse on this one.

Your cards are really gorgeous, too! I love how you used a variety of stitching techniques on your newest card, and I love seeing all the cards from the past...thank you! And thanks so much for all the links...so helpful! Off to get started :-)

keren said...

He is so cute- and gorgeously stitched. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Shelly said...

Another fabulous challenge! And I just love your stitching...simply, perfect! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Yeah! Another wonderful and inspiring challenge!
I love stitching!
Thanks Virginia, i love your examples shown above ;)

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun theme, Virginia! I'll be trying NOT to use my sewing machine and go back to the basics of hand stitching....wish me luck!

Rahmat Gouse said...

Just added my 5th entry, Thank you Virginia, for leaving such nice and encouraging comments on my posts, I am new to this blogging world and these lovely comments make me really happy :)

Manuela said...

great fun challenge and lovely sample cards :-)

Martha said...

Virginia, what beautiful cards you've created! You inspire me!

Thanks, for another FUN challenge!

Beverley said...

First time doing this challenge and I loved it...very gorgeous inspiration from the DT and other entries...thanks for sharing.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Heather Maria said...

Thanks for the fun challenge, Virginia! Your stitched cards look amazing!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your challenges are so fun, Virginia, and enjoyed by so many of your loyal fans and friends! Thank you for this one and thank you for allowing faux stitching!! Hugs, Darnell